I can’t believe how quickly we’re approaching the end of 2019! It’s the time of year when everyone starts reflecting on their year and preparing for their new goals and resolutions. I turned 24 on December 12th and I started to realize just how much I’ve learned through experience, especially in the last handful of years. I knew I needed to share my own life lessons here on the blog! Today’s post contains 24 lessons, one for each year that I’ve been alive.
Make sure you stay up-to-date with A Dreaming Millennial on social media to be the first to find out when the podcast goes live! I will be sharing these 24 lessons in a podcast + talking about each point more in-depth than I did on the blog today.
The Most Important Lessons I’ve Learned in 24 Years
- A four-year college or university isn’t the only post-high school option.
- College isn’t for everyone.
- Greek life is what you make of it.
- Do what makes you happy, no matter what anyone else thinks.
- You’re the only person who has to live with the consequences of your decisions.
- Spend as much time with your loved ones as possible.
- Document your experiences.
- Live in the moment.
- Balance is the key to life.
- Resilience is one of the most important qualities you can have.
- It’s okay to express your feelings.
- There’s a major difference between being busy and productive.
- Higher levels of education don’t make you a better human.
- You never feel worse after a workout.
- It’s incredibly important to get out of your comfort zone.
- Spending time with family during the holiday season is much more important than the “perfect” dinners and gifts.
- Pets should always be treated as part of the family.
- Make the time to explore your interests, hobbies, and passions.
- Always have the difficult conversations when something bothers you.
- Take the time to look at how you’re managing your money and learn how you can do better with it.
- Learn new skills, whether you teach yourself or take a class.
- Listen to your body when it comes to food, hydration, and even taking breaks.
- Your plans won’t always work out and that’s okay.
- Declutter areas of your house as you go about your day.
Leave a comment down below telling me which lesson I listed stuck out to you + one life lesson that you’ve learned along the way!